Versão em Português
There is no way around it! When we're done with a meal we automatically look for something sweet! Now imagine how nice it would be to serve this delicious recipe after this Sunday's lunch! Everybody will love this soft and moist chocolate cake with the sensational filling of coconut candy and a crunchy chocolate topping. If you're fast there is still time to make it!
2oz butter, in room temperature
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
2 egg whites, whipped
Coconut candy Filling
1 can sweetened condensed milk (12oz)
4oz heavy cream
4oz shredded coconut
7oz dark chocolate, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚f. Grease 8 mini round cake pans (something like this).
2. Cream together butter and sugar until is fluffy and pale. Add the yolks and beat well. Fold in the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Gently, fold in the whipped egg whites.
3. Divide the batter into the mini pans (don't forget to leave a little space left on top so the batter can rise) and bake for about 20 minutes. Remove from oven, wait 5 minutes, remove from pan and let it cool over a wire rack.
4. Sprinkle each mini cake with about less than 0.5oz of milk.
5. Cook in low heat the condensed milk and milk, always stirring until is thick and no longer sticking to the bottom of the pan, approximately 30 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the heavy cream and coconut and let it cool.
Building The Cake
6. Add a generous portion of the filling on top of a mini cake sprinkled with milk, and cover it with the another mini cake . Repeat this procedure with all mini cakes. Frost the cakes with the melted chocolate letting it drip over the sides. Make a little ball with the filling and put on top of the cake, if you prefer insert a clove in the candy. Keep it refrigerated untill is time to serve.
Cook's Tip: You can bake the cake in a medium size pan and cut it into a round shape after is done, that way you dont really need the special mini pans.
If you don't like dark chocolate you can use milk chocolate.
Makes: 4 mini cakes.