It was meant to be a biscotti* if we only had the patience to bake the cookies twice. The smell that came out of the oven and filled the house was too much, we decided to make a cookie out of a biscotti! May David Lebovitz forgive us but we found that baking only once was ideal!
*Cookie originated in Italy baked twice to have a longer shelf life.
10oz all-purpose flour
3oz powdered cocoa
1 tsp baking powdered
1/4 tsp salt
1tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
4oz toasted, diced almonds
4oz semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Pre heat the oven to 355°F. Grease a big cookie sheet with butter.
2. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
3. Beat the eggs until the're foamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients.
4. Add the almonds and chocolate and mix it.
5. Place tablespoons of batter onto the cookie sheet, leaving some space in between them so they don't stick to each other once expanded.
6. Bake for 25 minutes and let cool over a wire wrack.
Tips: You can substitute the almonds for walnuts and semi sweet chocolate for milk chocolate.
Makes 50 cookies
David Lebovitz's Recipe