Ana didn't ask us for it, but since we're excited with the idea, we thought of making the candy that is the star of the brazilian parties: The Brigadeiro.
And since the traditional way of just rolling and decorated with sprinkles over a mini paper cup wasn't enough, we created a new way to serve it.
The base is a crunchy and light dough. The brigadeiro is made with cocoa to taste more like chocolate, with less sugar and the creaminess and deliciousness is the same as always!
Watch the video and see for yourself, is easier than it seems.
Tuile Cookie Spoons
2.5oz butter, in room temperature
1.7oz powdered sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 egg whites
3.5oz All-purpose flour
1 can sweetened condensed milk (395g)
3 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp butter
Tuile cookie spoons
1. Whisk butter, sugar and salt until it becomes a light cream. Add the egg whites and beat well. Mix in the flour just until well incorporated, do not over work the dough. You can store the dough in the frigde covered with a plastic up to 5 days.
2. Preheat oven to 355°F. Grease several teaspoons with a lot of butter.
3. With well floured hands, shape the dough into the spoons, the thickeness of the dough should not be too thick or too thin. Bake for 7 minutes or until the dough is firm.
4. Remove from the oven and carefully separate the dough from the spoons. Return the tuile cookies to the oven, place a piece of cardboard under the bowl of the spoon so it's evenly brown. Bake for 5 minutes. Allow to cool over a wire wrack.
5. Mix condensed milk, cocoa and butter and let simmer over low heat, always stirring until it becomes a thick cream and it no longer sticks to the bottom of the pan. Pour the brigadeiro onto a plate and allow to cool.
6. Shape little balls with the candy and roll them through the sprinkles, leaving a sprinkle-free spot so the candy sticks to the spoon.
7. Place one candy over one spoon and add a little presure so the candy sticks to the tuile cookie spoon.
Tips: Use high quality ingredients, specially for the sweetened condensed milk, to get a flavorful brigadeiro with good texture.
Makes approximately 80 brigadeiro spoons