Imagine this little pie with a great crust, creamy filling, well seasoned, full of cheese and pieces of bacon! Isn't that mouth watering? And you can prepare it in a blink of an eye!
300g all-purpose flour
1/2tsp baking soda
1/2tsp baking powder
100gr cold, diced butter
1 large egg
2tbsp cold water
1 Egg white
80gr diced bacon
50gr onions diced in a semi circle
250gr heavy cream
1 large egg
150gr shredded mozzarella cheese
Fresh ground pepper
150gr sliced cherry tomatoes
1. Mix flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Add the butter and mix it with the tip of your fingers, do not over work the dough. Add the egg and water. Mix everything but do not knead the dough. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
2. In the meanwhile sautee the onion and bacon until golden brown. Reserve.
3. Whisk heavy cream and eggs. Add the cheese, oregano, pepper, nutmeg, bacon and onion. Add a pinch of salt and mix it.
Building the quiches
4. Preheat the oven to 355°F.
5. Take a little bit of dough and shape into the quiche pan. Poke with a fork and brush with the egg white so the dough is not too wet after baked. Fill the little pies and sprinkle the diced tomatoes.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the pans and serve.
Tips: Substitute the mozzarella chesse for cheddar. It is delicious!
Can I freeze it? Yes! Just bake but don't let it become golden brown. Let cool and freeze open. Place in a ziplock bag or tupperware and place back in the freezer. Leave in room temperature for 30 minutes to thaw. Bake in a 355°F oven (no need to preheat) until golden brown, serve.
Durability: 3 months.
Makes 12 mini quiches
Now, the video: