We buy some so delicious blueberries that we took pity to bake them. The key was to create this cookie flower (using the process of brown the butter, that we really like), fill with a silky cream and finish with the berries. A very delicate treat to serve for afternoon tea!
90g butter in room temperature, divide in two equal parts
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
200ml sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp butter
200ml cold double cream
1 tbsp lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon
1. Heat half butter in a saucepan, always whisking. When is totally melted, cook for more 3 minutes and remove from heat. The butter must to be with a beautiful golden brown color and a delicious smell. Do not leave the butter burn. Let cool for 5 minutes.
2. In an electric beater, cream the room temperature and browned butter with sugar until is light and fluffy. Beat well in the egg. Add flour and beat in low speed for 5 seconds. Stir with a spatula. If the dough is too dry, add 1 tbsp cold milk. Cover with a plastic and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Roll the dough over a floured surface and cut with a flower cutter. Place the cut dough over the outside bottom of muffin pans, not inside the pan, with no pressure, covering until after the half of inverted pan. Bake for about 15 minutes or just until is light golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately remove from pan. Let cool over a rack.
4. Meanwhile the crusts are baking, whisk the condensed milk with sifted cornstarch. Gradually whisk in the milk, then add butter. In low heat, cook the mixture, always stirring with a spatula and fouet. Cook until is a thick and shiny cream. Make a quickly cool dipping the bottom of pan in a bowl with cold water, always stirring. Do not leave the water in contact to the cream.
5. Beat in high speed the warm cream with double cream, juice and zest of lemon. Refrigerate for 40 minutes. Fill the small crust pies with this cream and decorate with blueberries.
Tips: You can use zest and juice of orange instead the lemon. Do not leave the tartlets so much time in the fridge so they won't lose the crunchy texture.
Serve: 70 mini tartlets.