This pillow is delicious for a afternoon snack but it's also a great suggestion to serve in kids birthday parties. The dough is really easy to work and is very crispy. Then it's just to choose a good quality sausage and use Tirolez cheese. It can't go wrong!
Recipe adapted from the blog Mesa Para 4.
300 g flour
1 tsp salt
150 g boiled potato, sifted
100 g salted butter, cold and cut into chunks
3 hot dog sausage
70g Gouda cheese (we used Tirolez Prato cheese)
1 egg yolk
1 tsp milk
1. In a bowl, add flour, salt, sifted potato and cold butter. Rub with the tips of your fingers until resembles bread crumbs. Add the egg and make a smooth dough. Do not knead the dough. Cover with a plastic and chill meanwhile you prepare the filling.
2. Cut sausage and cheese into small thin squares to thin the pillows.
3. Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
4. Roll out the dough between two plastics to 0,5 cm thick. Cut with a flower cutter and fill with a piece of sausage and cheese. Fold with another flower dough to enclose and make a press on the edges. Brush with the egg yolk stirred with the milk and sprinkle with basil, oregano, pepper, sesame seed or what you want.
5. Place the pillows onto a not greased pan and bake for 20 minutes or until is golden brown. Eat warm or let cool over a rack.
Tips: The potato doesn't has to be too hot. Sift it when it's hot and let cool until is almost in room temperature or sift it when is in the right temperature.
Serve: About 35 pillows.
Prato cheese kindly provided by Tirolez.