Recipe from the blog Helena Gasparetto
300g semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup unsalted butter
4 large eggs
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
300ml Coca-cola, in room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tbsp baking powder
3 tbsp chocolate powder
3 tbsp sugar
3 shallow tbsp milk
1 tbsp butter
3 Brazil nuts and Cupuaçu fruit bars, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Choose a medium rectangular pan, it doesn't necessary grease it.
2. Melt together the chocolate and butter on water bath or microwave and let cool. Sift the flour with cocoa and baking powder and reserve.
3. In a beater, beat on high speed the eggs with sugar and salt for 2 minutes. Beat in the melted chocolate and butter. Alternately, on low speed, add the Coca-cola, vanilla extract and the sifted ingredients, always beating. When the ingredients are done, immediately turn off the beater and fold with a spatula.
4. Pour the batter on the pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5. When the cake is already baked, make the frosting. Heat all ingredients for 5 minutes, until is smooth and thick. Remove the cake from oven and pour the hot frosting. Wait to set a little and sprinkle the pieces of fruit bar.
Dicas: If you like a lot of frosting, double the frosting recipe. Use any nuts instead the fruit bars.
Yield: 20 portions.