Friday, March 19, 2010

CAN I FREEZE STRAWBERRY?

Versão em Português
Versión en Español

You can; You'll have strawberry for whole year. Wash the strawberry that must to be ripe, firm and good-looking. Drain and sprinkle with granulated sugar. This proceed avoid strawberries lose so much liquid and stick to each other, they'll be yummier. Freeze in a container with no free space left, to not appear ice crystals. When you're going to eat the strawberries don't leave them completely unfrozen, eating them even cold. You also can freeze mashed strawberries to make ice cream, smoothie, fillings.

Durability: 6 months.

5 comments:

  1. I ove this post coz i was thinking of freezn some but the other we didn get very good ones so i simmered a preserve instead:-))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the wonderful tip! I can't wait until strawberries are in season again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic tip! Now I can have strawberries year-round...or at least for more of the year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You give us some very useful tips on your site.
    I am going to try sprinkling my strawberries next time, with sugar as you suggest. Thank you for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frozen strawberries is the one fruit that I have in my freezer year round, though I have not done it myself with fresh. Love strawberries!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover