It's winter in the South Hemisphere and summer in the North Hemisphere. We have readers in Brazil, Canada, USA, Angola, Japan, England... How to pleasure everyone? To solve so serious problem we created a dessert with ice cream that works both in winter and in summer!
*Baked Alaska is a dessert made with cake, ice cream topping and meringue frosting. It's baked for a few minutes just until the meringue is golden brown and the ice cream soft.
*Black Cow (float) is a reference to the beverage very common in the 60's and 70's. made with ice cream and Coke®.
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
150g unsalted butter
3 tbsp cocoa powder
24 small scoops of vanilla ice cream
3 large egg whites
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 coffee spoon cream of tartar (optional)
100g powdered sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper.
2. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
3. In a small saucepan, let to boil butter, Coke and cocoa. Fold this mixture over the sifted ingredients. Add eggs and buttermilk and stir just until is smooth.
4. Divide the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling about 3/4 of total capacity. Bake for 20-25 minutes or just until a toothpick is inserted comes out clean. Let cool over a rack.
5. Mold the ice cream with the scoop, making no too bigger portions than the muffin. Freeze uncovered to be very set.
6. For the meringue, whip the egg whites with salt and cream of tartar. When it holding its shape, add sugar and beat a little more.
7. Preheat the oven to 430˚F.
8. Put a very frozen portion of ice cream over each muffin. Cover all ice cream with meringue and bake for 3 minutos or just until the meringue is lightly brown. Serve immediately.
Cook's tip: It's advisable to use a cook's blowtorch to make the small muffins. If you don't have it, bake a large round cake and proceed in the same way, baking in the oven to brown the meringue.
Serve: 24 small muffins.
Recipe of Coca-Cola from Lick the bowl good.