We would like you to put this recipe on the top of your "to do list"!!
We are sure that this Chocorango's creation will surprise you, the smell and taste is totally involving, the dough is light and fluffy. And who knew that chocolate and tangerines make such a great combination?
This cake is perfect for breakfast or for the weekend.
3.5oz butter, in room temperature
2 eggs, in room temperature
5.3oz All-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
Zest of one tangerine
2.3oz tangerine juice
0.7oz cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 355°F. Grease a baking pan that will able to hold 118 fl.oz.
2. Beat butter and sugar until a fluffy and light cream. Add the eggs one by one, beating well after each adition. Add JUST 3.5oz of flour and the baking powder and fold carefully with a spatula.
3. Pour about 2/3 of the batter in a second bowl.
4. Add the tangerine zest and juice to the bigger portion of batter and the remaining flour and fold carefully.
5. Add the cocoa powder and rum to the smaller portion of batter and fold carefully.
6. Pour the tangerine and the chocolate batter in the greased pan. Using a skewer or a fork light mix the batters. If you mix too much both batters you will not be able to tell them apart.
7. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or you can make the toothpick test. Let cool over a wire wrack.
Tip: If you can't find tangerines, use oranges.
Makes 12 portions