Friday, October 22, 2010

CAN I FREEZE ZUCCHINI?

Post dedicated to Patricia Silva, she asked us if zucchini could be frozen. And the answer is...



You bet! And is super easy. All you have to do is dice it in cubes, slice it, or cut it any way you want (with the skin on), place in the freezer in an open container and after is solid you can bag it.
 To thaw it you can place the zucchini directly in the boiling water or you can add to the other ingredients from your recipe.



Durability: 10 months.

Picture: Stock food.




Ana's tips: "I have done this before and it works, but it has a mushy texture after thawed. So it is good to use in soups and pot roasts (it tastes great!), but is no good if you don't want to cook it after is thawed.
Just sharing my experiences... And you can grate it too, and after thawed use in muffins, cakes (both sweet and savory) recipes. All you have to do is allow it to thaw, squeeze it to get rid of all the water and use it."

6 comments:

  1. Nice info. I am always worried about squash being not able to store more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good to know. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how this makes me wish I saved a bunch of zucchini from the summer! Definitely next year! Thanks for the tips :)

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never frozen zucchini. I have a pile of frozen tomatoes though.

    Thank you for the lovely comment - I was feeling a little dissatisfied with my blog today and your words helped cheer me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muito bom seu blog!

    andreaquitutes.blogspot.com/

    andréa...

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover