This post is dedicated to Akemi, but will make all the readers happy!
We decided to post this spectacular cheese "sauce" recipe that is a great combination to the good old baked potato.
We actually boiled the potatoes before hand just to be faster, but we know that Akemi only eats loaded potatoes if they're baked, so we're also posting the instructiuns for the baked potato in the end of the post. No matter how you cook the potatoes, it will taste great!
4 medium potatoes
Fresh ground pepper
200gr Bacon diced in cubes
200gr cream cheese
60gr provolone cheese
60gr mozarella cheese
100ml heavy cream
1. Cook the potatoes for 15 minutes in a little water and punch the middle to get them to open. Don't punch it too hard, you don't want to destroy them.
2. Place them in a baking pan and drizzle a lot of olive oil, season with salt, fresh ground pepper and the seasonings of your choice. Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
3. While you bake the potatoes, sautee the bacon in its own fat and reserve.
4. Add the cream cheese, cheeses and heavy cream to a sauce pan. Cook in low heat and always stir until the cheeses are melted and a homogenic and thick cream is formed. Season with pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
To finish them up
5. Pour the cheese sauce on the baked potatoes and sprinkle bacon on top. Serve immediately.
Tips: If possible choose a baking potato. If you prefer, you can bake it in the oven by drizzling a lot of olive oil and baking it at a 400°F until soft and with a golden brown skin.
You can use oregano, basil or thyme to season the potatoes. Or you can only use salt and pepper.
If you're using heavy cream with only 20% fat or less, add the heavy cream after the cheeses are melted.
Makes 4 potions