These flower cookies are so delicate and decorating, they're perfect to side a tea! Crunchy texture, fresh and yummy jelly! You can use circle shape, star shape or any other that you want.
1/2 tsp salt
80g cold butter, cut into cubes
1 large egg
1 tbsp vanilla extract
200g purple grapes, seedless
1 tsp cornstarch
1. In a bowl, mix flour, sugar and sal. Rub the butter with your fingertips. Add egg and vanilla extract and combine in a smooth dough. If necessary, add 1 tbsp ice water.
2. Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
3. Roll the dough in a floured surface and cut with a flower cutter. Divide in half the cut flowers and cut a core in each flower. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the base is golden brown. Let cool over a rack and sprinkle some powdered sugar just on the cut core flowers.
4. While the cookies are baking, prepare the jelly. Liquefy the seedless grapes with the skin until becomes liquid. Combine with cornstarch and cook on low heat always stirring until thick. Let cool completely.
5. Spread a little jelly on each no-core flower and place a flower with core over it, making a little pressure to fix.
Tips: You can use another fruits to make the jelly: berries, pineapple, mango.
It's ideal to serve the cookies soon after fill them, so the jelly won't moist the cookie.
Makes 30 cookies.