It doesn't have words to describe how yummy this bread is! The dough is made with potato and is very soft and tasty. The filling is with our newest finding: the Reino cheese (a brazilian cheese that means Kingdom in English) that is really, really delicious! The tomato and olive are supplementary and give even more taste and color to this special bread.
1 tbsp instant yeast
1/2 tbsp sugar1 tsp salt
150g boiled potato, sifted
50g butter, in room temperature
3/4 cup grated Reino cheese (we used Tirolez)
1. In a bowl, stir flour and yeast. Add sugar, sat, egg, potato and buttermilk and knead in stand mixer in with the hook (if you have this option) for 8 minutes. When the dough is very smooth, add butter and knead for more 4 minutes. Place the dough into a large plastic bag and close it. Reserve the dough to proof for 2 hours in a warm room, about 86˚F (the kitchen cabinet is a nice option).
2. Meanwhile proof the dough, prepare the filling. Cut into small pieces the olives and tomatoes, place the tomatoes in a sift and sprinkle salt. Let drain the tomato water.
3. In a floured surface, gently knead with hands the proofed dough, to remove all the gas, sprinkle a little more flour. It's important not add so much flour or you'll have a hard bread. In this moment, do not knead with strength or the dough will stick and will ask for more flour. com força, para que não grude nas mãos e peça mais farinha.
4. Divide the dough in two pieces and roll out with a rolling pin. Also divide the olive, tomato and grated cheese in two portions and incorporate each portion to each dough portion. Roll into two bread rolls and place them on a lightly greased large pan. With a gillette or razor make three diagonal cuts on the bread surfaces and let proof again inside the turned off oven for more 30-40 minutes.
5. After those 30-40 minutes, turn on the oven to 410˚F and let heat for 7 minutes (the bread inside oven). Decrease the temperature to 350˚F and keep baking for more about 40 minutes or until the bread is with a beautiful golden brown color. Let cool over a rack and store in an airtight container.
Tips: This bread can be made all manually, if you don't have an appropriated mixer or can be made in bread machine.
You can use Mozzarella, Parmesan or Provolone cheese instead the Reino cheese. But if you have opportunity try with the suggested cheese, 'cause it's really tasty
Serve: 2 regular bread.